More Than 50,000 Students Served in 2020
In 2020, 51,583 students have received instruction through BYU-Pathway Worldwide — a new milestone for the institution.1 What began with just 50 students over 10 years ago now provides access to higher education for students in more than 150 countries.
A total of 33,238 PathwayConnect students have enrolled this year, a 19% increase since 2019.
- PathwayConnect now serves more students internationally (18,942; 57%) than it does in the U.S. and Canada (14,296; 43%).
- Students age 18–30: 19,690 (59%); Students age 31 and over: 13,548 (41%)
- Median age: 27
- Largest enrollment (U.S. & Canada): Utah with 5,025 students
- Largest enrollment (international country): Philippines with 2,162 students
- Largest enrollment (international region): Africa with 6,721 students
Online Degree Programs
A total of 23,172 students pursued online certificates and degrees offered from BYU-Idaho in 2020, 85% of whom first completed PathwayConnect. This student body includes:
- 17,360 students (75%) in the U.S. and Canada, and 5,812 students (25%) in all other countries.
- The percentage of international students who completed PathwayConnect and enrolled in an online degree program has doubled since September 2019 (from 24% to 59%).
- Students age 18–30: 8,204 (35%); Students age 31 and over: 14,968 (65%)
- Median age: 36
- Largest enrollment (U.S. & Canada): Utah with 5,275 students
- Largest enrollment (international country): Mexico with 562 students
- Largest enrollment (international region): Africa with 1,518 students
For more information and demographics pertaining to current and past enrollment data, see our Facts & Statistics.
1. Total unduplicated students are comprised of 33,238 PathwayConnect students and 23,172 BYU-Idaho online degree-seeking students.